Legal Requirements before the big day
My goal is to make this part an absolute breeze!
When we meet to complete paperwork (usually our second meeting) I need to you bring these things…
- Original Birth Certificate or Valid Passport and another form of photo ID (your drivers licence is usually easiest)
- Divorce Certificates / Death Certificates / Proof of Annulment (if applicable)
I’ll bring these things…
- Notice of Intended Marriage (to be completed no later than 30 days before the wedding).
- Declaration of No Legal Impediment Form
- Offical Marriage Certificate
Legal Requirements on the big day
- Two witnesses over the age of 18.
- The couple must state the vows that are legally outlined by law, according to the Marriage ACT 1961 and they must be heard by myself and the witnesses present.
- I have to state the legal ‘Monitum’ (a declaration stating that I am an authorised celebrant under the Marriage ACT to solemnise marriages).
- Signing of the official documents.
I offer an affordable price for my services because I believe weddings shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Shoot me an email (email@example.com) and I’ll send you through my pricing packages. However, to give you a rough idea, my prices start at $500 for a legals-only wedding and then my packages start at $750 and go up from there, depending on your requirements and where you’re planning on getting married.
Here’s an idea of what my services include:
- As many meetings as we need to have to finalise all the details, to get to know each other and to complete all necessary paperwork.
- An abundance of ideas, inspiration and help to create a wedding ceremony that you absolutely love. This includes ideas and help writing personalised vows, some tips on getting through the day and some alternative ways you can incorporate some fun into your ceremony.
- A rehearsal before the day
- A carefully articulated, bespoke ceremony that has been created just for you!
- The solemnisation of the marriage on the day
- A beautiful folder for you to keep your certificates, a typed copy of your ceremony and your personalised vow cards in.
- The use of my PA system if you require it at your venue, for the use of music as well as microphone use. I am happy to organise playlists and hit play for you on the day.
Get in touch and we will sort out all the nitty gritty!